Call 909-915-0181 or 760-835-9353
El Abogado habla Espanol
Citizenship - Immigration
Naturalization is the process through which a foreign citizen becomes an American Citizen.
Naturalization - Requirements
- If you want to apply for naturalization you must be at least 18 years old.
- If applicant received his/her green card through marriage to a U.S. Citizen, he/she must have Permanent Residence Status (Green Card) for at least three years and still be married to and living with the same U.S. Citizen. Otherwise, the permanent residency requirement is five years.
- Must have been a resident of the state in which the petition was filed for at least three months.
- Must be physically present in the U.S. for at least one-half of the five years (one half of the three years for spouse of a Citizen).
- Must reside continuously within the U.S. while the application for naturalization is being processed.
- Applicant must not be absent for a period more than one year during the period residence is required (three or five years).
- The person applying for naturalization must be a person of good moral character.
- The applicant must be interviewed by the INS.
- Must speak, understand and write basic English. Some exceptions may apply.
- Applicant must be willing to serve in the U.S. armed forces or to perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by law.
Get eligibility requirements, information and directions necessary to apply for US Citizenship by calling us at 909-915-0181. We are here to help.
Cities Supported: San Bernardino, Redlands, Yucaipa, Colton, Muscoy, Fontana, Rialto, Banning, Big Bear, Coachella Valley Crestline, High Desert, Hesperia, Indian Wells Adelanto, Victorville, Grand Terrace, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Palm Springs Pomona, Chino, Montclair, Riverside, Moreno Valley, Corona.